Website Phillips 66
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU. DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART.
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as well what you learned from the internship program
Information Technology works to support all Phillips 66 operations including the maintenance of 18,000 miles of pipelines, maximum utilization of 13 refineries and desktop management for more than 18,000 PCs. IT supports both software and hardware installations for local and remote servers. In addition, IT maintains data integration and interfaces between various systems and processes.
An internship with Phillips 66 IT is more than a summer job that will look good on your resume. It’s an excellent opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make important contributions as a valued member of our team. You will not only enhance your IT knowledge, but will also learn how it applies and impacts the energy business on a daily basis. You’ll gain first-hand experience in the energy industry and participate in other activities that are based on service, networking, and learning. Your summer experience will include:
- Develop and support applications that optimize corporate, commercial, marketing, refining, and midstream operations
- An IT job fair for available summer positions where you will have the opportunity to rank your job preferences based on your interests
- A work experience in which you will provide business value and gain an understanding of IT processes. Specific areas may include application development, application support, projects, SAP, infrastructure, database, and security
- First year interns will be assigned to Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Second or third year interns will have the opportunity to be assigned to Houston, Texas
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program as a Sophomore or higher
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2018 or later
- Available for a minimum of twelve continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while “what” we do may be very different from person to person, there’s a “how” that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It’s this shared “how” that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
- Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
- Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @ Phillips66Co at http://twitter.com/phillips66Co and @ p66oncampus at http://twitter.com/p66oncampus .
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://phillips66.jobs/virtual-usa/2018-university-intern-information-technology/C7B23691C5FC44C2AABCB3294DDC4539/job/?utm_campaign=Indeed&vs=1554&utm_medium=Job Aggregator&utm_source=Indeed-DE →