Bitly is seeking a API Engineer to collaborate with the front-end, back-end, and mobile engineering teams to assist in building mobile, web, and third-party applications used everyday by our customers consisting of top brands as well as our sizeable base of free users.
Our engineering team works on challenging, product and data-focused problems. Our systems are built to process and provide analytics for over 8 billion clicks per month for people and businesses all over the world. We have a friendly, inclusive culture that’s built around helping each other improve and learn.
As an API Engineer at Bitly, you will:
- Design and implement RESTful API endpoints for front-end, mobile, and external developers.
- Work with other developers to ensure API consistency, maintainability, and ease of use.
- Be well-rounded and capable of building both infrastructural and product-facing code (UI/UX is not necessary)
- Serve as a liaison to external developers who have API questions.
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and methodologies while also being able to discuss when—and when not—to use them in a production environment.
- Participate in a culture that values structured code reviews and deploying frequently.
An ideal candidate for this role will:
- Know and love using HTTP verbs, status codes, and conventions.
- Have built RESTful APIs in production environments that have to make allowances for back-end data and architectural constraints.
- Have experience with statically-typed codebases.
- Possess a desire to learn or have direct experience with Go.
- Be familiar or have experience with other languages and/or concepts like immutable data structures or functional programming.
- Have a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows.
- Demonstrate knowledge of application security models, principle of least privilege, etc.
- Have experience using a flavor of version control—we use git and Github to collaborate and manage pull requests.
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.
It is our mission to inspire people to better understand the world around them. Our vision is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks.
- We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- One Medical membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Platte, and San Francisco’s Union Square.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/bitly/jobs/582670#.WLxobxiZORs →