Website Applied Defense Solutions
LOCATION: Herndon, VA.
Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for an Aerospace Engineer at its Herndon, Virginia location.
KEY ROLE: The successful candidate will excel as a member of a dynamic engineering team developing cutting edge systems for the space industry. Interested parties should expect to Analyze Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) for spacecraft relative navigation, rendezvous, and proximity operations (RPO). Analyze performance of algorithms. Perform spacecraft GNC performance analysis using simulations. Participate in flight software implementation and validation. Develop simulation analysis scripts.
- 2-5+ years of experience designing and/or analyzing
- GNC subsystems for spacecraft
- B.S. degree or M.S. in Aerospace Engineering or related
- Demonstrated experience with Matlab and C++
- Ability to perform in a high intensity, quick reaction
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph
- 2+ years Cubesat/Smallsat experience
- Experience with specific astrodynamics tasks such as orbit determination, trajectory design and maneuver planning, attitude determination and control, or conjunction assessment and collision avoidance.
- Experience with spacecraft Rendezvous and Proximity operations
- Experience with space mission concept studies or spacecraft system engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Submit resume and salary requirements to Jobs@AppliedDefense.com. Reference Job #0400. No phone calls please.
Applied Defense Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@AppliedDefense.com