Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard Animation (Cinematics) is looking for a talented animation intern to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of in-game animated films. The intern will be skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong foundation in animation principles, and the ability to reinforce the story by creating memorable performances.
Blizzard offers a fun, creative environment with the opportunity to learn and grow.
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge of Maya or equivalent 3D program
- A demo reel, demonstrating a solid foundation in 3D animation skills
- Passion for film, animation and video games
- The ability to effectively collaborate with other artists, producers, and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment’s visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Film making skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel
WARNING! APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS – DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO CONSIDER COMPLETE SUBMITTALS.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000VB →