Website PRA Group
We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
Job description Summary:
The developer provides expertise in the design, development and support of the development new applications and improving existing applications. The applications can be developed or will develop in MS SQL Server packages, .net platform applications, SharePoint, MS Access application or MS Excel.
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify complex software enhancement features and/or new software products
- Assist in the development and maintenance of new and existing applications
- Understanding the different levels of reporting needs such as summary, detail, relative time and hierarchical relationships
- The ability to translate business requirements into solid data models for ease of use in BI reporting solution.
- Resolving technical and/or business problems
- Continuous improvement to data design, reports and/or processes
- Perform data analysis and mapping for data integration
- Develop complex SQL queries and stored procedures within the SSIS framework
- Debug and fix software, including difficult issues using a broad knowledge of technologies
- Work closely with IT infrastructure staff to design implement and monitor web applications for security and optimized performance
- Critical thinking and problem solving are key for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Experience developing with C#, ASP.NET, SharePoint Web Services/APIs and XML/XLST
- Experience with InfoPath, SharePoint Designer and Excel Services
- Experience with SharePoint custom Master pages, SharePoint CSS and custom web parts/workflows
- At least 3 years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server developing complex transact queries including stored procedures, functions, views
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSRS/SSIS).
- Experience in Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio and Team Foundation Server
- MS SQL skills and ability to write complex queries and stored procedures.
- Experience designing and developing application interfaces.
- Proficiency in database design and architecture.
- Experience importing and exporting data from non-sql data-sources such as Excel, and delimited flat files.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Good understanding of data integration, validation and cleansing
- Ability to learn unfamiliar technologies and become productive with them quickly
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pra.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PRA_Careers/job/Norfolk-VA/Application-Developer_16264?source=indeed →