**This position is intended for those who have graduated from a degree-seeking program within the last 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring of 2017 with a bachelor’s degree or higher. If you do not meet this minimum criteria, please revisit our careers site for other opportunities.**
Your work. Your impact.
You’re here to take risks and push boundaries. You will generate code that transforms how millions of consumers and small businesses manage their finances in cloud, platform, mobile and SaaS environments. And help us open new doors for developers and crowd-sourcing.
You’ll engineer solutions to challenging and meaningful customer problems. And you’ll do so in a culture that embraces experimentation and rapid prototyping. Interacting with customers and iterating rapidly will help you understand their pain points and take your ideas further faster.
The Site Reliability & Operations team in Intuit’s Small Business Group is looking for college graduates DevOps engineer to help us in building a flexible architecture for deploying high throughput SaaS applications. Our team is responsible for reliability and uptime of Intuit’s core product, QuickBooks Online. It’s the foundation of Intuit’s 2 billion a year and growing Small Business Ecosystem. We are currently building out software infrastructure for automating the configuration and deployment of applications on Intuit hosted data centers, as well as AWS.
- You will work closely with the PD teams and be the DevOps voice to ensure scalability and performance becomes part of the app architecture
- You will bring in new ideas, whether it’s a new tool or technology that will help us innovate
- You will help with all facets of Site Reliability – DevOps architecture, monitoring, tools and processes, production incidents and RCAs
- Occasional showcasing of the cool stuff that we do – in community forums within the Business Unit (BU) and Intuit-wide
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- DevOps experience is a plus but if you have development knowledge and are interested in learning more about the complete lifecycle this is for you
- Conversant in Unix networking, Java applications
- A desire to learn new skills
You will gain:
- Experience with configuration management using Chef
- Experience with a UNIX shell scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python
- Experience with supporting
- Experience with cloud computing platforms: AWS and VMware ESX
- Experience with building and managing large-scale high throughput production applications, including on-call rotation responsibilities.
- System administration exposure
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Open source contribution
- Learn innovation methods like Design 4 Delight and Lean Start-In
- You will experience a one week #JumpIntuit on-boarding experience and participate in a year-long college grad program
We offer opportunities in a variety of areas all over the U.S. and throughout our business units. Specific responsibilities will vary by project area.
- Mountain View, CA
- San Diego, CA
Our technologies include: iOS, Android, HTML5/CSS3, Angular, BackBone.js, Dojo, Node JS, Spring MVC, Rest Easy, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Cassandra, EC2, ELB, Route53, Hadoop, Pig, Selenium, TestNg, Intern, Karma.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.intuit.com/job-category/21/university/job/00124528/application-operations-engineer-1 →