The Environments as a Service team is an integral part of the Oracle Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU). Oracle CGBU provides highly available and highly scalable, 5-Nines telecommunications products in real and virtualized environments and these products are in use by the world’s leading telecom providers. The Environments as a Service team develops and provides pre-production, private cloud Infrastructure and Platform services (IaaS and PaaS) for Oracle’s Software as a Service (SaaS) development teams.
The candidate will work in the Environments as a Service team to develop and provide support for hardware and software involved in the setup and services around private clouds.
The candidate will be exposed to:
- Clouds based on the VMware vCloud commercial product using the ESXi hypervisor
- Clouds based upon KVM hypervisor managed by OpenNebula
- Clouds based upon OpenStack (Mitaka and the upcoming Newton release)
- Infrastructure built on cutting edge technology (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to provide automated deployment and configuration management
- Collaborative software development governed by a continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Enterprise and NEBS hardware including HP, Dell, Sun, and Cisco
- Fully automated monitoring and metering frameworks
- Scrum team working environment in which DevOps and agile best practices are embraced and modeled
The candidate will gain hands on experience with Linux setup, systems administration, networking and virtualization involved in cloud infrastructures. The candidate will work side by side with engineers working with the latest in virtualization, cloud, orchestration and configuration management technologies along with exposure to the physical infrastructure.
- In-depth understanding of current industry trends and standards for cloud deployments
- Hands-on setup of a cloud system including hardware deployment
- Technical problem solving capabilities and the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of the Linux operating system and administration
- Good understanding of hardware and software RAID concepts, the OSI networking model
- Skilled at programming languages including Golang, Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, BASH and TCL / Expect
- Experience in orchestration and automated configuration management
- Knowledge of containers, microservices, and continuous integration environments
- Experience with tools such as git, gitlab-ci, JIRA, and Confluence
Summary of Qualifications:
A major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or similar major with at least 3.75 GPA; strong work ethic, and high integrity.
Preferred Candidate is able to work full time for both the Summer and Fall semesters of 2017!
Interested candidates should go to http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/careers/index.html
Additionally, resumes for this position may be e-mailed to Robert.Garrell@Oracle.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=225356&src=JB-10145 →