Cyber Operations Officers gather intelligence from adversary systems and networks using advanced tools, techniques and tradecraft. Working in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment, Cyber Operations Officers utilize their knowledge of network penetration testing, network defense, operating systems, communication technologies and network security to help lead the future of the Agency’s intelligence mission.
Opportunities for domestic and foreign travel are possible.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement may be required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems
- Experience with Windows, Linux/UNIX (GUI and command line experience), and computer networking
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills; verbal and written communications skills (especially as applied to briefings, technical documentation and user-level training); interpersonal skills; organizational and planning skills
- Familiarity with public internet services such as email, social networking, and collaboration sites; offensive and defensive information security
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Knowledge and experience in computer networking, TCP/IP, routing, DNS, routers/firewalls/switches, IDS, VPNs, scripting languages, system admin functions, file systems, operating systems, programming languages, command line tools, capture-the-flag exercises, and attendance at computer security conferences
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/cyber-operations-officer.html →