Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Since Discover launched in 1986, we’ve made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that’s different from other large institutions. If you’re looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we’d love to meet you.Discover Financial Services is looking for an experienced security engineer to join our growing Cybersecurity Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing input on the strategy and development of network security solutions. The candidate will be working in a highly collaborative, security conscious environment, and must be able to deliver high quality implementations in a large enterprise. The candidate should carry expertise in varying approaches to deploy preventive and detective network security controls.
* Work directly with Security Threat Intelligence and Incident Response teams to gather functional requirements, develop solutions which meet or exceed the requirements, and support the system.
* Work in environment supporting different project management approaches (from Waterfall to Agile).
* Develop solution strategy and provide guidance for enterprise best practices for network security.
* Provide guidance and support for existing network security platforms.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of professional work experience.
* 3+ years working in IT Security with a focus on systems architecture, development and support. This experience should include experience with enterprise class Network Security Solutions (NG Firewalls, NIDS/NIPS, etc.).
* Next Generation firewall experience a plus
* 5+ years of total IT experience
* IT operations support experience.
* Self-motivated and flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple highly visible and complex projects.
* System administration skills on Linux, including automation of tasks leveraging custom shell scripts, Python, Chef or comparable technologies.
* Experience with SIEM architecture
* Experience deploying NGFW, NIDS/NIPS, Secure Web Gateways, and SSL Decryption technologies.
* Software Development Skills: Python, Shell scripting, git, etc.
* Personal drive and excitement to solve real world problems in exciting new ways.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mydiscovercareer.com/job/7350277/cybersecurity-network-security-engineer-riverwoods-il/ →