Website Wolverine Trading
As part of Wolverine’s Analyst team, you will work with experienced analysts, traders and engineers to support all aspects related to the analysis of a successful electronic trading system. You will be the connecting link on problems faced by both traders and developers. Your workflow will include gathering, cleaning, maintaining the integrity of and performing sound (statistical) analysis on systems-related data pertaining to the hundreds of thousands of trades (and billions of quotes) we process each day. You will gain extensive exposure to the processes behind running and maintaining a successful options trading system.
Our small team of professionals will provide you with an environment that encourages you to flex your creative thinking abilities through informal discussion, allows you to obtain quick feedback, and gives you the opportunity to take on increasing responsibilities.
Your primary work for the summer will consist of a real-world data engineering and analysis problem of immediate relevance to one of our business units. Specific responsibilities and components may include:
• Creating and cleaning new data sources
• Analyzing results of systems changes
• Developing new systems metrics and reports to track and measure them
• Using historical market data/trading statistics to back-test strategies
You’ll be paired with an experienced mentor and encouraged to collaborate with other interns. Additionally, a primary component of your summer responsibilities will be completing our comprehensive education program on options trading, statistics and programming.
• Working towards a degree in analytical/quantitative field of study such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
• Junior or Graduate student standing
• History of academic excellence
• Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment
• Statistical mindset; exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter and independent attitude
• Experience gathering, cleaning and analyzing large sets of data
• Demonstrated programming capabilities (Such as Python, C#, SQL)
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets and technology (finance background is not required)
• Experience with iPython, Tableau or alternative data visualization packages helpful
• Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WOLVE&cws=1&rid=263 →