Knewton is on a mission is to personalize learning for the world. Teachers, schools, and education companies use Knewton to power digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs. Knewton provides students with tailored recommendations for exactly what to study, teachers with analytics to better support each student, and publishers with content insights to develop more effective digital products.
Knewton has delivered more than 15 billion personalized recommendations to over 10 million students on every continent except Antarctica. Knewton was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in New York City with offices in London, Tokyo, Singapore, and Dubai. We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos, one of the top 100 Best Places to work by Crain’s New York Business and one of the Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data. Investments top $150M from well-known angel investors plus Accel, Bessemer, First Round Capital, Firstmark, Founders Fund, GSV and Atomico.
We’re looking for data science interns to help build an innovative online education system that adapts to each individual student. You will join a world-class team of data scientists and engineers who are pushing the boundaries of machine learning. Interns will get to work with a mountain of data and an exciting array of projects. Knewton actively adopts and contributes to open source data science technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Storm, HBase, and SciPy, and interns will be encouraged to interact with these communities.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN OUR INTERNS:
- Passion and enthusiasm for building scalable systems that analyze huge data sets and make actionable recommendations
- Coursework in machine learning, statistics, and advanced mathematics
- Familiarity with JAVA or Python and a statistical programming language (R, Matlab)
- Familiarity with some of following technologies: collaborative filtering, decision trees (and automatic tree generation), Bayesian methods, clustering techniques (principal components analysis, k-means, etc.), probabilistic graphical models, neural networks, and support vector machines
- Bonus if you have actually implemented a data mining or machine learning system in a side project or other work experience.
- High-quality equipment (Mac or PC)
- Frequent guest speakers and tech/edtech Meetups hosted at Knewton HQ
- Social groups and sports teams
- Catered lunch everyday in the office, all-day snacks, and a full bar
- Free monthly MetroCards/PATH cards
- Pet Friendly
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/knewton/79090e31-dc2c-4445-b443-88aed9c68f3e →