Are you looking to make a big impact on technology used by Apple, NASA, IBM and BMC? We’re seeking a DevOps engineer/Release engineer who will have shared responsibility for maintaining and deploying Turbonomic releases. Additionally, you will play a role in helping our software make the transition to be a microservices-based platform.
Do version control systems, build tools and automation tools sound familiar? If so, we are working towards a fully automated provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management. You’ll be working closely with talented Development, Product Trust, and Product Management teams to bring our platform to the next level. What will you be doing at a Forbes Cloud 100 company?
Skills and Requirements
- Three plus years of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an agile development process
- Experience with Docker and container management systems such as Kubernetes.
- Understanding of version control systems (svn, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with software build tools (Maven) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Groovy or similar scripting
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages (we tend to use bash but are open to any language)
- Ability to perform and track OS-Level and basic component patching including patching of Security changes and components such as Java JRE / JDK, Python core and popular libraries, OpenSSL.
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Experience supporting an agile development process
Nice to Have:
- Experience publishing and maintaining parallel branches/versions.
- Application configuration experience, specifically Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MariaDB/MySQL.
- Experience with multiple virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, and OpenStack.
- Experience with public cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority here… also, eat your fruit!
Career advancement – jump in, make an impact and shape your career
Unlimited Paid Time Off – visit mom, see a doctor or travel the world… must take pictures
Pre-tax benefits: Medical, Dependent Care, Commuter, 401k
Access to executives – no doors are closed, go bug them and make friends
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms – play a round of billiards, ping pong or game on some Xbox
Launched in 2010, Turbonomic delivers a hybrid cloud management platform that enables on-premises and public cloud to self-manage in real-time, thereby assuring performance, lowering cost, and continuously ensuring compliance. The Turbonomic patented decision engine curates workload demand to dynamically control resource supply, maintaining a perpetual desired state of application health. One of the fastest growing technology companies, Turbonomic is trusted by thousands of enterprises to simplify and accelerate their hybrid cloud journey. Recently named a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, an Inc. Fastest Growing Company, and a Deloitte Tech Fast 500 Company… and we’re just scratching the surface. Come make an impact with us!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/turbonomic/e035260a-3c70-49a4-aee3-4584aa5df713 →