Digital Targeters (DTs) are the creative architects and enablers for cutting edge operations focused on a wide range of priorities. They apply technical expertise to exploit clandestine and publically available information (also known as open source data) using specialized methodologies and digital tools to plan, initiate and support HUMINT, technical, and blended operations. DTs are investigative, pragmatic, driven to develop innovative digital solutions to complex problems, and effectively communicate these solutions to non-technical partners. They are strongly supported to continuously advance and refine their technical, analytic, and exploitation skills. Concurrently, DT’s serve as primary digital interlocutors with key CIA and Intelligence partners.
Opportunities may exist for domestic and foreign travel, technical and specialized training and assignments in other CIA offices.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement may be required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field (e.g, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical studies), International Affairs, or Master’s degree in Library Sciences
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Critical thinking skills; advanced research skills
- Professional and/or educational experience working across a variety of technical disciplines and successfully navigating the Internet and mobile environment
- Intelligence Community experience
- Professional and/or educational experience with writing computer code
- Foreign language skills, especially in unique foreign languages
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
- A writing sample, five (5) pages MAXIMUM, single spaced, technical or analytic paper that focuses on your current area of expertise or interest and is related to your interest in positions at CIA. You can excerpt longer papers.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/digital-targeter.html →