Website Central Intelligence Agency
Field IT Systems Administrators act as the on-site point of accountability for Information Technology in Agency communications centers overseas. They operate, maintain, install and manage complex LAN and WAN platforms and provide associated IT close support to a diverse and sophisticated customer base charged with advancing national security objectives overseas. Field IT Systems Administrators are also responsible for conventional and tactical voice communication systems, RF communication capabilities (including satellite) and play a supporting role in the operation and maintenance of emergency power generators and heating/air conditioning systems (HVAC).
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Field IT Systems Administrators typically spend 60-70% of their career abroad on foreign assignments approximately one to three years in duration and they are regularly required to perform duty in temporary status in both foreign and domestic settings as the mission dictates. Some assignments may be in difficult, harsh and challenging environments. Field IT Systems Administrators receive benefits and allowances for travel that positively impact their overall compensation.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement is required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited university or technical school in Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Computer Network Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Or, equivalent civilian or military work experience (minimum of two years documented experience) in the management and/or delivery of IT services in an enterprise environment may be substituted for academics on a case-by-case basis
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to climb ladders, stoop, bend and reach for extended periods of time
- Dynamic and flexible professional approach; strong desire to learn; accountability for actions; excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently and closely with other professionals
- Desired certifications include: A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCENT, Microsoft Certified Professional
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/copy_of_telecommunications-information-systems-officers.html →