Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Student game designers, Blizzard has you covered for summer 2017! We have several game design internships available with our World of Warcraft team. Have you taken your longstanding passion for playing games to the next level, and created fun and compelling gameplay experiences or universes? Take your shot at working with some of the brightest talent in the industry as you learn and grow in your design craft.
Design interns will work directly with our development teams to help create, write, and script new quests as part of a cohesive, directed gameplay experience within our well-known game universes. Ideal students will have an excellent understanding of gameplay and balance, as well as a good sense for what makes an item attractive and fun to players. The ideal student for these roles has created or written games, levels or map designs, mods, quests, encounters, pen-and-paper RPGs, or any other gameplay experiences that demonstrate their instincts for storytelling via gameplay.
INTER GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge of and experience with our game franchises, specifically World of Warcraft, and their associated universes
- A strong sense for what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Previous experience designing games as personal, academic, or professional projects
- Solid math skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Cover Letter
- Game design portfolio (preferably linking to an online portfolio)
- Please include examples of any game projects you’ve worked on, either independently or as part of your studies, and what part you played in their creation
WARNING! APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS – DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO CONSIDER COMPLETE SUBMITTALS.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000U2 →