Information Data and Management (IDM) work focuses on the management of data, information, and knowledge across all Agency equities in order to increase discoverability, facilitate dissemination, and provide timely and relevant digital intelligence in every directorate and mission center. It covers every aspect of the information lifecycle, including: classification, cataloging, storing, maintaining records and information assets, declassification review, public release, privacy and civil liberties protection, and archiving..
IDM officers work closely with internal customers to formulate search strategies; identify data sources; retrieve digital information; consult on digital data curation processes, procedures, and policies; and conduct high-profile information review and release activities. IDM work requires the ability to clearly present information to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences; collaborate within a team, while also demonstrating individual initiative; and network across the directorate, Agency, and Intelligence Community (IC) in support of IDM solutions and efforts.
Occasional travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area and other domestic or foreign travel may be required.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement may be required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Digital Innovation:
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation.
Life at CIA:
In Addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle
- Bachelor’s degree in Archives/Digitization Management, Business Administration, Computer/Data Science, History, Information/Data/Knowledge Management, Information Technology, International Affairs/Relations, Library/Information Science, Law, Management Information Systems, Paralegal Studies, Philosophy and/or Public Administration
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is preferred but not required
- Master’s degree in Archives/Digitization Management, Business Administration, Computer/Data Science, History, Information/Data/Knowledge Management, Information Technology, International Affairs/Relations, Library/Information Science, Law, Management Information Systems, Paralegal Studies, Philosophy and/or Public Administration
- Work experience related to information and data management
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/irr-analyst.html →