IT Customer Service Officers (ITCSOs) are responsible for ensuring the Agency’s global IT mission partners receive timely, responsive, and exceptional IT service. ITCSOs provide one-on-one consultation and applications troubleshooting assistance; resolve access, hardware, and software problems; respond to incoming calls for IT assistance and meet with customers to resolve problems; assist with integrated IT service delivery requirements; and are responsible for sensitive data access control.
ITCSOs may provide project management and systems integration for voice and data communication systems. In forward deployed environments located globally, ITCSOs may also support operation, maintenance, installation and management of domestic and foreign field locations outside of the WMA.
Work may be performed domestically or abroad and ITCSOs may be required to travel in temporary (30-90 days) and longer term capacities (generally 2-3 years). The CIA offers benefits and allowances for travel that positively impact overall compensation.
A 5-year Contract Term Agreement may be required in this position. Click here to learn more about the Contract Term Agreement.
Offices of the CIA – Directorate of Digital Innovation
The Directorate of Digital Innovation (DDI) is at the forefront of defining the future of digital expertise within the CIA. DDI focuses on developing the workforce with cutting-edge skills, investing in IT infrastructure, and modernizing the way the Agency does business. DDI officers help accelerate the integration of innovative methods and tools to enhance the CIA’s cyber and digital capabilities on a global scale and ultimately help safeguard our nation. Learn more about the Directorate of Digital Innovation
Life at CIA:
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We’re on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn’t just a job, it’s a mindset and a lifestyle.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science & Technology, Management Information Systems, or a similar degree from a technical trade school and a minimum of two (2) years of IT customer service work experience with excellent performance and completion of recent formal training in the field
- The ability and willingness to travel worldwide. Travel may be in temporary or longer term capacity (generally 2-3 years)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IT skills such as: voice transmission; data communications; TCP-IP networks; VoIP; enterprise server management; applications development; Local Area Network (LAN); Wide Area Network (WAN); facsimile; cable-to-modem communications; RF (including satellite) communication capabilities; digital/analog fault isolation; repair to least replaceable unit
- Excellent communication skills; dedicated, accountable, and dynamic work ethic focused on delivering results in demanding environments; strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Science & Technology, or Management Information Systems
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Experience in power distribution systems, emergency power generators and HVAC systems
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/customer-service-information-technology-officer-entry-level.html →