Are you interested in making a difference and working with some of the best and brightest engineers from across the Intelligence Community (IC)? Are you interested in using your technical skills to provide next generation solutions for the Agency’s corporate Information Technology (IT) infrastructure? Are you a systems thinker who is interested in helping to solve corporate business problems with today’s IT solutions?
IT Engineers at the Entry / Developmental performance level specialize in the engineering, development, integration, and product evaluation services for the Agency’s enterprise worldwide workgroup platform. Our engineers work in a collaborative environment, provide critical support to the overall Agency mission, and are responsible for designing and deploying a secure, global communications infrastructure that allows CIA officers to communicate and collaborate with each other and with partners throughout the IC and federal government. This includes participating in the design of enterprise desktop computing solutions, engineering collaborative solutions (e-mail, team collaboration, web and video conferencing) for the Agency and IC, and introducing state-of-the-art technologies into the corporate baseline. Opportunities to develop the latest network solutions from tactical platforms to high-speed optical networking are available. Our network and application platforms leverage the best of industry and internally developed solutions to create an engineering environment that is both technically challenging and innovative. Opportunities to travel domestically and overseas are possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in and contribute to the development and support of Agency’s mission critical systems – common platforms, collaborative computing and service-oriented architecture.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, a closely related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience. A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is also required for coursework completed in the past three years
- Up to four years of progressive systems engineering, computer engineering, or network engineering experience with an emphasis on hardware and software analysis, platform and/or network development, system integration, and/or system maintenance
- Knowledge of a range of communications technologies, computing platforms, and network systems, such as:
- Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
- Operating Systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux)
- Collaborative tools (e-mail, instant messaging, web and video conferencing)
- Automated test tools
- Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies (DWDM, SONET, ATM, MSPP, etc)
- Local Area Network (LAN) technologies (IP, Ethernet, etc.)
- Network Security
- Encryption technologies
- Current possession of a range of technical certifications, such as
- Network-related certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCSP, JNCP, JNCIE)
- Platform-related certifications (e.g., MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCSA, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-1, VCA, VCP, VCAP, SNIA)
- Systems-related certifications (e.g., ASEP, ESEP, CSEP)
- Desire to work both individually and collectively in a multi-disciplined, diverse, and technically challenging environment
The following items must be attached to your online application:
- Your resume.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees received in the past 5 years.
- Documented evidence of all active technical certifications.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/support-professional/comp-eng-dev.html →