Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Join our team as an Application Development Java Developer, assisting in the creation of our next generation of Settlement solution. We’re looking for passionate, collaborative individuals that can help shape the evolution of payments and position Discover Financial Services as the leading direct bank and payments partner.This position is primarily responsible for contributing to the development of large scale solutions. You will help design and integrate systems for Discovers new Settlement solution by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
You will be successful in this role at Discover if you can:
* Partner with the Business and Technology teams by contributing to the planning and execution of projects, ensuring that your design and code contribution is of high quality.
* Assist in breaking down complex requirements into workable technical solutions.
* Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
* Writing System and Functional Requirements documentation as required.
* Writing Technical design documentation as required.
* Writing and executing Implementation plans.
* Executing Unit Testing
* Collaborate with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements.
* Actively contribute to instill best practices to support a strong software architecture.
* Be reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products and be willing to accept responsibility and accountability.
* Assist peers in resolving highly complex technical problems.
* Accept and embrace our Security First and proactive audit/compliance mindset.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Academic Requirements and Professional Experiences:
* 1+ years of overall technology experience in Java development and an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Proficiency in the following general areas: Java (Java 1.7/Java 1.8), Spring Framework, Jenkins, Gradle, and Github.
* Proven experience of code creation.
* Strong communication skills including a high command of verbal and written English.
Core Behavioral Requirements:
* Strong time management and problem solving skills.
* Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Be capable of independently providing input to both high and low level designs.
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
* Be passionate about delivering quality, world-class solutions for your business partners and stakeholders/customers of our Company.
* Experience in supporting and working within virtual or remote teams is a plus.
* Experience with RESTful services, Rabbit MQ, JSON, Unix Scripting, and Hadoop is a plus.
* Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile development practices.
* Understanding of testing frameworks and software quality assurance methods.
* Understanding of PAAS and cloud based architecture.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mydiscovercareer.com/job/7134151/java-developer-riverwoods-il/ →