Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Seeking strong Java/J2EE developer to support the Card Portfolio applications. This position will be working as a developer on Card Portfolio initiatives. The role will work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner and business partners, BT Teams through all life cycle phases.This role will be responsible for analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications Card Portfolio applications, in accordance with company architecture standards.
* Understand the project requirements
* Give input to what can or cannot be accommodated from the project requirements giving suggestions on the best way to achieve the project objectives.
* Write a Detailed Technical Design (DTD) according to High Level Design (HLD) specifications.
* Make code modifications for the assigned projects according to business specifications and application standards Provide alternative solutions when requirements cannot be met.
* Perform unit and system testing for all coding changes.
* Support both Integration and UAT testing in the Production Assurance (PA) regions, including researching and fixing defects. Adhere to established project timeframes.
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to motivate team and be a team player
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated; display high level of initiative
* Ability to multi-task
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 2+ years’ work experience
Since Discover launched in 1986, we’ve made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that’s different from other large institutions. If you’re looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we’d love to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mydiscovercareer.com/job/7326548/java-programmer-riverwoods-il/ →