The vast majority of the world’s knowledge is still locked in peoples’ heads, inaccessible to the internet. Quora’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, so people can make smarter decisions, find their dream jobs, raise their families better, and much more. We think Quora will have an enormous long-term impact on the world.
As a member of the Product Design team, you’ll build products that enable people to share knowledge in ways that have never been possible: Give writers the tools to share their expertise, and create network incentives that encourage creation of high quality content; Help people discover the topics they care about, and create a feed of interesting, personalized content that is delightful to read; Grow our user base through rigorous A/B tests that affect on signup, retention, and virality; Explore how our iOS and Android apps can empower new forms of knowledge sharing made possible by mobile technology.
Product Design Interns work on meaningful projects in user-facing areas of the product. Our previous interns have led a complete redesign of Quora’s onboarding experience, and built Reading List (https://blog.quora.com/Reading-List-%E2%80%94-A-New-Way-to-Save-Content-to-Read-Later). Each intern is paired with a mentor, who works closely with the intern to give detailed guidance on their projects, and help develop key design skills.
- Work on a product team focused on a major user-facing area of Quora. Identify high impact features that achieve goals, and be able to explain rationale for your decisions.
- Collaborate with engineers to define features and functionality, with other designers for feedback and critique, and with data scientists and user researchers to evaluate the impact of your work.
- Design interactions for new features, applying existing design patterns and creating new ones, across our web and mobile platforms.
- Build what you design using a custom web framework developed by Quora that makes front-end development easy and efficient.
- Work quickly and effectively on significant projects. Ship new features, bug fixes, and small improvements multiple times a week.
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex, social product, and explain the rationale for new features and changes.
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals.
- Experience with visual design, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies on layouts, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and colors.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.quora.com/careers/product_design_intern →