What We’re Looking For:
2U is changing the way great students and great universities think about online higher education. In order to do this, 2U has a dedicated TechDev office in New York City which produces all of the cloud-based services our university clients use. The Product Management Intern will support an agile software development team focused on our Learning Systems products both desktop and native mobile applications (iOS and Android). Within the cross-functional team, this position will have a direct impact in all aspects of the product development lifecycle from research and design through release and ongoing feedback. This is an opportunity to help shape how graduate students and faculty engage in the learning experience, ultimately improving outcomes.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
We are currently looking for an intern who is tech savvy, but not necessarily a programmer or IT developer (technical background is not required). It’s critical that you’re a problem solver who is focused on making data-driven decisions that provide value to the user and organization You’ll have the opportunity to engage in a large project and balance new initiatives on a weekly basis as a full-time member of the team. While you’ll be in 2U’s TechDev office, this internship is hybrid, encompassing software development, product management and business practices.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program
- Proven interest in product management, with keen interest in an area such as data, user research, or training and documentation Some knowledge of web applications and basic agile software development lifecycle
- Flexibility and ability to multitask, switch priorities as needed within a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication. You’ll be engaging both internal (tech-dev) folks and external teams
- Experience with basic computer technologies and excellent analytical skills
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Self-directed learner – you’ll have the support you need, but be willing to learn a new tool or process
- Ability to see problems and offer practical, value-added solutions
- Commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse group of stakeholders with a variety of needs and problems to solve
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- Excellent organizational skills
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Our company culture is united by our No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-2u.icims.com/jobs/3678/product-management-intern/job →