Quorum Analytics is a 100% bootstrapped startup that is looking to hire undergraduate interns for fall 2017 and winter or spring 2018. Named the top D.C. startup to watch in both 2016 and 2017, Quorum enables anyone to influence the legislative process and leverages quantitative analytics to help users track issues, find champions, and share their message.
Called “The Moneyball Effect on K Street” by the Washington Post and “Google for Congress” by the Huffington Post, Quorum has been featured in over 50 news outlets and is used by Walmart, Coca-Cola, Apple, the United Nations, and many other companies, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
Our engineers work the full stack using tools like React/Redux, Django, PostgreSQL, Swift, and much more. You will be working in a interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful advocacy platform on the market.
- You care deeply about the code you write and either have significant technical skills solving real-world problems or the drive to quickly develop them
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from day 1
- You’re an engaged learner — you want to expand your skills, get your hands dirty, and find solutions to challenging problems that require tradeoffs
- You want to work in a fun environment where you can form real friendships with other young professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You’re excited to pitch in whereever needed, from helping in recruiting to supporting customers
- We’re a small team that works fast. Iterating and shipping code quickly is in our DNA. Done is better than perfect, but we do our best to build systems that let us move quickly without breaking too many things.
- We support many different products but internally think of them as one system with a single unified codebase. Our goal is to build centralized systems that handle the hard stuff for multiple features and products.
- We live on the cutting edge of software engineering in both our frontend and backend. We rely heavily on open source tools but aren’t afraid to dig in and make something better ourselves.
- We’re very close as a team — we work together, hang out together, eat together, and some of us even live together. Previously, The Washingtonian described us as “DC’s nerdiest group house… shaking up Washington’s oldest trade.”
What You’ll Do
- First week: you’ll ship new code to production
- First month: you’ll write code at several levels of the stack, from infrastructure to the API to the UI
- By the end of the internship: you’ll take ownership of a feature that will directly impact many of our clients
If you’d like to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/quorum/jobs/599939#.WahdNK2ZORs →