**This position is intended for those who have graduated from a degree-seeking program within the last 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring of 2017 with a bachelor’s degree or higher. If you do not meet this minimum criteria, please revisit our careers site for other opportunities.**
Your work. Your impact.
You’re here to take risks and push boundaries. You will generate code that transforms how millions of consumers and small businesses manage their finances in cloud, platform, mobile and SaaS environments. And help us open new doors for developers and crowd-sourcing.
You’ll engineer solutions to challenging and meaningful customer problems. And you’ll do so in a culture that embraces experimentation and rapid prototyping. Interacting with customers and iterating rapidly will help you understand their pain points and take your ideas further faster.
• Deliver quality products by thoroughly testing throughout all phases of development life cycle (Functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance testing and security testing) using a combination of testing methods; develop and execute automated and some manual (black and white box) tests for assigned test group
• Work with team to deliver on the QA automation strategy to help improve overall quality and test coverage while maintaining a balance between manual and automated testing to improve delivery efficiency and test coverage
• Design, plan, execute and report high quality manual and automated tests that cover end-to-end customer experience while complying with business and technical requirements. Testing may be performed at either the application program or user interface levels.
• Partner closely with cross functional teams during all stages of the development, and is some cases lead quality engineering activities within a project or team with supervision.
• Independently identify the scope and impact of a problem and conduct additional analysis to identify defect cause and scope.
• Anticipate, identify, document key program risks proposing appropriate mitigation and contingency plans; identify cross-functional dependencies and track and report on their progress; propose workable solutions to problems.
• Provide examples of production ready code
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
• Solid understanding of Agile development, object oriented design, and programming languages
• Extensive programming experience with one or more of the following: C#, Java, C++
• 1-3 years of experience in a QE / QA environment preferred
• Ability to assist developers in the analysis and isolation of software defects
• Basic black, gray, and white box testing design and testing skills
• Ability to develop test plans and author cases
• Experience working on an Agile development team with rapid iterations
• Candidates must have a passion for quality and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
• Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Familiarity or the ability to learn current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability
• Software Engineer in Quality
We offer opportunities in a variety of areas all over the U.S. and throughout our business units. Specific responsibilities will vary by project area.
- Mountain View, CA
- San Diego, CA
Our technologies include: iOS, Android, HTML5/CSS3, Angular, BackBone.js, Dojo, Node JS, Spring MVC, Rest Easy, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Cassandra, EC2, ELB, Route53, Hadoop, Pig, Selenium, TestNg, Intern, Karma.
Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked in the top 25 on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.intuit.com/job-category/21/university/job/00124371/software-engineer-1-in-quality →