Job Highlights You will develop proof-of-concept software prototypes and information systems which will allow the local Department of Justice Sponsor to achieve its tactical and strategic goals. You will also build and apply a broad technical skillset in a collaborative environment that fosters personal and professional growth through long-term engagements.
MITRE has provided unbiased guidance and crucial support to this local Sponsor for nearly a decade. The Sponsor relies on MITRE staff to provide innovative, practical solutions to federal law enforcement’s most challenging technical and programmatic issues in the areas of biometrics, identity management, and identity resolution.
About the Clarksburg Site
MITRE hosts nearly 40 full-time employees and interns at its Clarksburg Site in the White Oaks Business Park. We promote collaboration, encourage autonomy, value flexibility, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth to all of our employees. We are a close-knit team, and we take pride in delivering high-impact results.
Clarksburg and the nearby cities of Bridgeport and Morgantown offer a variety of amenities and activities while preserving the charm and low-stress lifestyle found in smaller cities. The region offers something for everyone – whether it’s academics, cycling, hiking, shopping, skiing, local and professional sports, or simply an opportunity to explore the outdoors. Nearby major cities include Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cleveland, Washington, and Baltimore.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
- Applies software engineering principles to assist in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and deployment of biometric-enabled software and information system prototypes
- Develops processes that interpret the content in multimedia files (e.g., image and video files) using computer vision tools such as OpenCV
- Evaluates and integrates biometric recognition systems
Location WV: Clarksburg
- Self-starter mindset with excellent organization and listening skills
- Experience with image and video processing tools such as ffmpeg and OpenCV
- Fundamental understanding of statistics and evaluation methodology
- Software development experience in C/C++, Java, or Python
- Experience operating in a Linux environment
Demonstrated experience in any of the following areas is preferred but not required:
- Creating and consuming web services
- Designing and developing distributed systems
- Querying, designing, and managing databases
- Systems administration and virtualization
- Task leadership
- Unit and integration testing
Specific knowledge of the following tools is also preferred:
- Apache Maven
- Hibernate ORM
Minimum Education/ Experience BS
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 5 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance Top Secret
To be eligible for consideration for this position, a current Top Secret clearance is required. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will consider only applicants with security clearances.
Relocation Assistance Provided Yes
Career Level Entry Level
Professional Area Information Technology
Req ID 28851BR
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://mitre.jobs/clarksburg-wv/software-engineer/EC635C2F3E97414381605045378D9263/job/ →