Who We Are:
Direct response advertising has been a major growth engine for our ads business over the last several quarters. And we’re confident that our acquisition of TellApart (@tellapart) will accelerate that trajectory further. TellApart brings deep expertise in performance advertising, driving cost-effective return on investment through dynamic product ads and email marketing for clients like Neiman Marcus, Pottery Barn, Sur la Table, Wayfair, and many others! With continued investments in R&D and infrastructure, as well as direct access to more data, and expansion through our global sales teams–we believe we can extend TellApart’s services internationally and to industries beyond retail.
In the TellApart Data Products team, we have been creating innovative solutions that utilize the latest advances in web technology, predictive analytics, machine learning, and BLE technology to offer highly-personalized shopping experiences for 100s of millions of consumers across all devices and channels in real time. You will be trusted to make good product decisions, taking products and features from conception to production and thinking about what to do as well as how to do it. And you will be encouraged to make contributions to open-source initiatives as you help us build new products, co-develop industry standards (with our partners), and enter brand-new markets with our technology.
What You’ll Do:
Within TellApart Data Products, we have multiple teams building omni-channel solutions working in a flat organizational structure (one manager for all of Data Products who reports to our VP Engineering): cross-device retargeting, native ad retargeting, mobile retargeting, personalized email, audience targeting, and dynamic promotions.
- ML Platform: As a member of the ML Platform team, you will be responsible for building infrastructure to train, measure, and monitor the various machine learning models that power TellApart’s production systems. The modeling problems this team supports range from prediction of a shopper’s real time expected value for a retailer, to product recommendations to show the most interesting and relevant products for every shopper.
- Ad Platform: As a member of the Ad Platform team, you will be responsible for the reliability and performance of TellApart’s ad serving systems. These systems include the multi-region distributed systems integrated with TellApart’s real-time bidding partners (think 100K+ requests per second), as well as our ad servers, which serve dynamic ad templates with up-to-the-second user data.
- Ad Product: As a member of the Ad Product team, you will be responsible for improving performance of TellApart’s current ad products, and bringing new products into market. The scope of work for this team ranges from modeling experiments testing new features and models, to scoping and building product feature requests we hear from existing and prospective clients.
If you’d like to help us improve and expand our direct respond advertising capabilities, the TellApart team would love to speak with you! Join us and work with (and hack alongside) engineers who have worked on internet-scale enterprise and consumer solutions that have driven billions of dollars in revenue.
We’re partnering with top internet retailers to create new products that bring personalized shopping to the next level
We’re collaborating with top industry partners (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, etc.) to build out the next generation of programmatic advertising infrastructure (with a strong focus on mobile advertising)
- We built our next generation machine learning platform incorporating Spark and Scala, with an emphasis on extensibility, modularity, and speed to support our current and future modeling needs
- We built new email marketing products that deliver individual, personalized email messages to shoppers that traditionally have been generic emails sent to bulk mailing lists
- Working closely with TellApart data science and client analytics teams, we created a robust A/B testing framework to quantify the value of TellApart products in an increasingly complex, multi-device world
Who You Are:
You’re someone with a lot of potential who is constantly looking for real engineering challenges to tackle and hard problems to solve. You want to own significant projects while working in small teams of highly-talented, passionate engineers. The prospect of getting to work with an open-source tech stack that powers a solution people around the world love to use, and where massive volumes of data are extracted in real time excites you. You want to be mentored by amazing engineers; you want to see continued investment in you by the business; and you expect excellence in everything. You see your future self as a force multiplier (and not just a great technical resource for an employer). You see challenge as opportunity and you’re looking to jump ahead of the pack in your career. You’re applying to this role because you’re hoping for a chance to jump in and see what you can do to make a difference in an iconic software company.
- Experience with full-stack development with a strong focus on implementing simple, elegant solutions
- Good understanding of (one or more of the following): Python, Java, Scala, system design, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured and dynamic environment
- Active contributor / committer to a well-known open source project
- Demonstrated ability to excel in whatever you pursue (whether it’s work, school, competitions, open source contributions, personal projects, etc.–you’ve always stood out and succeeded)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://about.twitter.com/careers/positions?id=a0Dj0000004iiXPEAY&location=San Francisco →