Have you ever asked yourself why do we test our products?How much should we test our products?How much testing is enough? How to make test more affordable? Where is the most appropriate place to test our products? If you would like to be part of those decisions, then the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is the place for you.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) Electro-optical (EO) Systems Department has the responsibility to provide, develop, and maintain engineering development stations that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software
The candidate will participate in engineering teams which perform the software design, development, and integration of test solutions. Common tasks include the following activities:
– Design and develop software for engineering test equipment solutions such as Software Evaluation Stations (SWES), Computer in the Loop (CIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) facilities
– Creates development plans, requirements, and unit-test for software products
– Performs troubleshooting and debugging of software to ensure run-time integrity
– Follows established development practices and processes to maintain the configuration management of software products
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Basic engineering skills, familiarity with laboratory test equipment, electronics and software
- Working knowledge developing and implementing high-order programming languages such as C and C++
- Experience utilizing software debugging tools to troubleshoot software implementation and ensure integrity of the software products
- Working knowledge in computer scripting language such as MATLAB/Shell/Perl/Python
- Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, and RIO
- Ability to obtain Secret Security clearance
- Knowledge developing requirements for software products
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
- Proficiency in Linux or Unix
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Experience developing software for real-time control of events and/or synchronization
- Working knowledge of GP/GPU technologies and parallel processing
- Parallel programming principles and processes for technical computing environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Needs to work well in teams and have the ability to multi-task
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Engineering field (Software, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems) from an ABET accredited curriculum with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Must have graduated in the past 18 months.
The Job Title for a Bachelor of Science degree is a Software Engineer I. The Job Title for a Master of Science degree is a Software Engineer II.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/tucson/software-engineer-i/4679/4291130 →