Are you interested in joining a community of dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women.
We have an opportunity for an entry level software engineer within the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in McKinney, Texas in support of the Multi-Function RF Systems (MFRFS) Programs. The MFRFS program provides support to the soldier by warning of incoming threats as well as providing point of origin and point of impact information of the threat. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The successful candidate will be integrated into a small software team in software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, debugging and resolving problems with the real-time software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our real time software applications are developed using the C++ language executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a challenging, dynamic, and fast paced environment
- Limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering
- Developing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope and work is closely supervised
- Contributing to the completion of program and project milestones under the guidance of the technical leader
- Working closely and communicating effectively with other team members to achieve program success
- Utilizing verbal and written communication skills to successfully support peer reviews and associated software/system documentation
- Understanding of object-oriented software development using C++
- Basic understanding of modern software design methodologies
- Basic experience working with Linux/Unix OS
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be granted a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Knowledge of or experience with UML, real time and/or embedded software, communications methods and protocols, and system security-hardening
- Familiarity with scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Agile software development including automated testing methodologies
- Experience with software development tools, such as Eclipse, WindRiver Workbench, Jenkins, Google Test, WireShark, Visual Studio, GCC
- Experience with standard MS-Office tools for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience with or knowledge of the SEI CMMI model
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Mathematics. Minimum cum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Mathematics. Minimum cum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/mckinney/software-engineer-i/4679/4305049 →