We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to accept credit cards—and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since.
For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back.
Buying and selling sound like simple things—and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
Square is located in the United States, Australia, Canada and Japan.
Our New Grads and Interns in Software Engineering are responsible for keeping Square simple and making our users faster and smarter by giving them a designed payments experience and rich data surrounding each transaction. We’re looking for smart engineers of all shapes and sizes, capable and excited about building world-class software and solving hard problems. Our challenges span many technologies, from web and mobile applications (iOS, Android) to server-side development (Java and/or Ruby). Our engineers work on small teams with people across engineering, product, and creative, building reliable, fast, responsive, and beautiful software.
- Design: Implement pixel perfect designs that defy user expectations.
- Reliability: Ensure Square works right, every time, by using testing, continuous integration, and in-depth code reviews.
- Security: Create interactions and APIs that reinforce trust, increase security, and make it harder to do the wrong thing.
- Analytics: Collect all the data around every transaction and turn it into tools that help our users.
- Products: Envision entire new products, features, and flows that are inspired, considered, and magical.
- Fraud: Make quick decisions on millions of dollars which requires sound judgement, thorough diligence and passion for detecting bad actors and preventing loss.
- Machine Learning: Build and refine powerful machine learning models that automate decisions, prioritize our work, and change the behavior of Square’s products in real time.
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field, graduating between December 2016 and June 2020.
- Square Internships are 12-weeks.
- Square Internship applications are due on December 31, 2016 at which point we will review and select candidates to review.
- Programming experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including: C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Ruby, Scala, Go, and/or Python.
- Three meals a day / Snacks
- Biweekly Square merchants like Boba Guys
- In house Baristas and Smoothie Bar
- Education / Foundational / Social Events (Intern Panels, Alcatraz, Bowling, Exploratorium)
- Lunch ‘n Learn Workshops
- Roundtables with Executives
- Hourly Rate + Housing Stipend
- Casual dress code
- Mac culture
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/Square/94251555 →