Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Do you love Blizzard games? Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make Blizzard a more awesome place to work?
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic college students to join our corporate applications group in Irvine, CA. You’ll join a super-collaborative team developing products that Blizzard uses to create the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. You’ll literally build tools that Blizzard uses every day for IT, human resources, finance, legal, internal communications, and much, much more!
Interns can expect to work closely with a mentor and collaborate with user experience designers, graphic designers, back end engineers, front end engineers, and producers to create epic and efficient applications used by Blizzard employees worldwide. The ideal student has demonstrated programming experience, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and a long standing passion for playing games.
Are you up for the challenge?
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Familiar with Blizzard Entertainment and our games
- Fundamental knowledge of any programming / scripting language (C#, C++, VB, Python, Java, Objective-C, Swift, or something else)
- Willing to learn C# (if not already familiar)
- Basic understanding of code debugging
- Insane passion for engineering, technology, innovation, and fun
- Desire to work on an awesome team and dedicated to growing as an engineer
- Happy to explore new technologies, learn from mistakes, and share knowledge and experiences with others
- Able to demonstrate work with a portfolio, code samples, or open-source contributions
- Majoring or concentrating in computer science or similar field
- Familiar with source any control systems (Git, SVN, CVS, TFS, etc.)
- Cover Letter
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000VK →