Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard’s service technologies team creates the internal tools that deliver the most epic customer support experience in industry, and they’re seeking an engineering intern to join them on that quest! Interface directly with the game systems and the account and billing systems that support them. Learn about complex architectures and a multitude of awesome cutting edge technologies!
Under the guidance of your mentor, you will document, design, implement, and maintain high performance software solutions that solve player issues, with the ultimately goal of getting them back in the game quickly and efficiently. You’ll communicate ideas, issues, project status, and outcomes with your team and managers, create technical documentation, and assist promoting a positive engineering and team culture.
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- C# and/or .NET experience
- Passionate about programming
- An inquisitive nature
- Willing to learn and expand both technically and personally
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Awareness of various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- English and Technical Writing proficiency
- Knowledge of MySQL.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, RabbitMQ, Couchbase, or Elasticsearch.
- Passion for Big Data.
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000UE →