Java Engineering at Airbnb:
As Airbnb grows we’re increasingly relying on service-oriented architecture. Java is becoming a big part of our stack, powering some of the most important services, such as Search, Fraud Prediction and our logging infrastructure. We’re looking for experienced Java engineers to work on a wide range of backend projects at Airbnb.
What are examples of work that Java Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- Our Search service is written in Java and handles millions of queries each day with complex ranking methods.
- Our logging and tracking systems that power analytics providing data insights for our business.
- Many existing and in-development core services, such as pricing and calendar services.
- Machine Learning systems, such as the fraud prediction service.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong Java experience
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of classic algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Pig is a big plus
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other best practices
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.airbnb.com/careers/departments/position/2284 →