Demandware is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands Leading brands such as Playmobil, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, L’Oreal, Callaway, Panasonic and Barney’s – to name a few. Today, we power digital commerce for more than 180 retailers across more than 600 sites around the world.
Demandware is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team who will play a pivotal role in building the next generation of features for our industry leading ecommerce offering. This is an opportunity for a new bachelors or masters’ grad to be part of a cross site team responsible for the design and development of a highly complex cloud platform. Ideal candidates have been involved with a mixture of both academic projects and internships that have honed your development skills and project exposures. We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated strong academic achievement and who have a solid computer science foundation; understanding computing concepts such as distributed computing, multi-threading and complex programming. Candidates should have a solid foundational understanding of the Java programming language and have completed projects using it.
If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within the organization, have great advancement opportunities and thrive on working with cutting edge technologies and concepts, then we want to hear from you. Come grow with us and help further an industry leading cloud platform!
- Participate in full development life cycle.
- Support, maintain and document software systems and application functionality.
- Analyze business needs to determine technical requirements.
- Participate in Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- Multithreaded and database development in a Java environment
- Participate in the understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
- Develop code in a test driven development environment
- Be an active participant in Scrum and Agile Development
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Prior professional software development experience a plus