Within the first 6 months of work as a Software Engineer at Twilio you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core Twilio platform services.
The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilio’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
About the job:
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) – cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, real-time DSP (audio processing), and more.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security.
- 0 – 3+ Years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Billing Platform develops infrastructure used across all Twilio products to accurately bill customers at scale. As a pay-as-you-go micro transaction platform, you’ll work on innovative solutions to pricing, real-time aggregation, payment processing, and other mission critical systems. Candidates with experience with Web technologies/framework a plus eg: React, Angular JS and experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc a plus.
- Cloud Infrastructure is part of Platform Engineering; Twilio’s investment in agility, a startup-within-a-startup. Our mission is to provide Twilio R&D – every engineer at Twilio – with the APIs and tools to succeed in their mission.
- Cloud Orchestration at Twilio builds internal backend services and tools to support our globally distributed cloud infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is interested in building the next generation of cloud management services and tools to support provisioning, deploying, discovering, and managing global cloud infrastructure.
- Data Platform group delivers a self-service platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, business units and external customers.
- Identity builds, owns, and operates a growing suite of resilient, high-performance micro services that implement our notion of the Twilio customer–for example, the Twilio account or the Twilio user. We also provide services that authenticate and authorize customer access to Twilio’s products and APIs.
- Insight Engineering is focused on next generation telemetry solutions for large scale distributed systems. We build, we buy, we integrate to provide teams advanced insight solutions to make better operational, engineering, and architecture decisions.
- Network Engineering combines cloud services and traditional physical internet working in order to deliver Twilio’s SDN; through this, we empower our Carrier Operations and Twilio Customers to grow Twilio’s network reach as fast as the business demands.
- Phone Numbers team focuses on building the back-end systems to search, buy and test millions of phone numbers. Twilio’s systems handle 5 billion+ http calls per month and are used for every phone call and SMS sent using Twilio. We focus on our customer’s who are using 100K+ number in their daily business.
- Productivity Engineering builds software systems to boost engineering productivity as Twilio engineering grows to 100x. We focus on building the platform to let engineers quickly iterate on their product with confidence. This domain spans a large variety of systems- from IDEs, various build systems, artifact and versioning systems, configuration management systems, test systems and frameworks. Candidates with engineering with Python or Java a plus.
- Programmable Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, conference, voice media, recordings, and transcriptions. With Programmable Voice, customers can build unique communication experiences with our API to make, receive and control calls around the globe.
- Voice Connectivity is responsible for building and operating Twilio’s Global Connectivity Fabric. Our team’s infrastructure powers Twilio’s real-time calling experiences by providing a resilient and reliable connectivity layer that dynamically adapts to its constantly changing environment to intelligently route calls through the Twilio network, as well as to/from the PSTN. Candidates with experience tackling complex problems in distributed computing, high availability, and scaling micro-services a plus.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio’s platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/276783#.WC6EUKIrKRs →