Akamai is now accepting applications for our Summer 2017 intern class. If your skill set appears to be a fit, you will be contacted for a technical screen and interview.
The Akamai Summer Internship Program is designed to give students the opportunity to apply their skills, gain valuable experience, and contribute to the organization in a meaningful way. Internships are project-based and focus on real business challenges important to Akamai’s continued success. Program participants will be encouraged to be proactive members on their team, taking on a comfortable level of responsibility, and challenged to think critically and creatively.
About the Job:
The Software Engineer Intern will possess a passion to create core technology to deliver a secure, accelerated experience to enterprise customers. Our software runs on a large network of geographically distributed servers and embedded devices, as well as in data centers and branch offices, presenting unique challenges and requiring creative designs. You’ll apply your knowledge and talents to create unique and powerful solutions to today’s network acceleration challenges while working in an innovative environment.
We are seeking Software Engineer Interns who can understand unique problems and create innovative solutions.
Responsibilities May Include:
* Engaging in the software development process and lifecycle at Akamai.
* Developing code to be used as a part of services offered to Akamai.
* Building software features and fix software bugs to support Akamai.
* Testing your code and system, and monitor its performance in production.
* Learning the technologies needed to complete your project.
* Providing support and maintenance on existing applications.
* Participating in software design and project planning.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree in Computer Science field and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
* Experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby.
* Experience with of one or more of the following Internet Protocols: DNS, HHP, SSL, TCP/IP, TLS, UDP.
* Knowledge of Unix / Linux.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://akamaijobs.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/software-engineering-intern-927 →