Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
The Software Engineer Intern will assist with front-end and back-end technologies within the Engrade teams.
- Hands on software design and development, creating or using frameworks, participating in code reviews.
- Interaction across multiple teams including development, user experience, business stakeholders, system administration, database administration, network engineering and production support staff.
- Assist in identifying gaps and proactively improving system service level agreements.
- Research defects and work with technical staff to understand /resolve software problems.
- Improve User Experience (UX) and provide elegant interfaces to the customer.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have or be pursuing a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent (i.e. Information Technology).
- Have working knowledge of IT and technology environments.
- Be a self-starter, team player, and motivated.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with teams.
- Have excellent verbal and written communications.
- Have the ability to think ‘outside the box’ and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with an Agile environment.
- Prior employment, volunteer or intern experience.
- Eager and passionate about the digital transformation of education.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
- Experience with source code control (Git preferred).
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://mhe.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=12946 →