Demandware is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. Demandware drives the success of high-growth brands Leading brands such as Playmobil, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, L’Oreal, Callaway, Panasonic and Barney’s – to name a few. Today, we power digital commerce for more than 130 retailers across more than 500 sites around the world.
As an intern in Demandware’s Software Engineering group, you will participate in the development of an enterprise-class ecommerce SaaS offering. Working within an Agile project team, with the guidance of a mentor, you will contribute to the team’s deliverables.
- Develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications.
- Participate in full development life cycle.
- Support, maintain, and document software systems and application functionality.
- Analyze business needs to determine technical requirements.
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
- Strong software development skills in JAVA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills allowing you to convey technical information in an unambiguous and accurate manner
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts and products quickly
- Strong curiosity and analytical skills to troubleshoot complex problems
- Good understanding of web technologies
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Junior in university
- Previous internships a plus