A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking a motivated Software Engineer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing team. The Engineering team is perfect for candidates who want to gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies including RF networks, intelligent video analysis, device firmware, home automation, web application development, e-commerce applications, and large scale, mission critical database application development. Very few small companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
This internship would begin summer 2017.
The Software Engineer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and maintaining applications using Microsoft .NET technologies, C# and SQL Server
- Analyzing functional requirements and product specifications
- Researching, adopting and integrating new technologies
- Innovating and improving existing products
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance in developing a test plan to ensure successful deployment of updates
- Must be currently pursuing a B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering program with strong academic performance
- Previous internship experiences, extra-curricular activities, and software related personal projects are a huge plus
- Proven self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team experience and comfort in a team-oriented environment
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products
WHY INTERN WITH ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: Our interns are given the opportunity to work on software that will impact our product and that our customers will see. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we provide interns with opportunities to work across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We have training, events, outings and activities planned specifically for our interns and for encouraging team building between our interns and full time employees.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, grocery delivery and in suite bike racks and showers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.alarm.com/about/open-positions.aspx?jvi=orrK3fwp,Job →