Leidos is seeking Information Management Interns.
We have openings for college entry-level technical interns to be part of a team of engineers addressing emerging challenges in Technology, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Project Management, Architecture and Engineering .
Interns will be assigned tasks that are relevant and necessary to the successful execution of Leidos Information Technology execution. Leidos will provide the candidate with real world experience and technical and career mentorship throughout the internship, which may result in full-time employment opportunities upon graduation. Working under the general supervision of senior staff, typical intern work assignments might include: developing algorithms and computer models, software engineering, cybersecurity analysis, project management, infrastructure support, documenting test results, writing reports, preparing presentations, and presenting test results to management.
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree based program (preferably Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical or business degree), have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum or three years of experience and maintained a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
• Candidate is seeking Bachelor’ s or higher degree in a technical field;
• Must be customer focused and service oriented;
• Must have good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, listening skills, quantitative and analytical skills;
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, multi-functional environment;
• Understanding in the concepts and usage of managing data: e.g. data types and attributes, data governance, data quality, data mapping, data attributes, data loading, data analytics etc. is a plus;
• Understanding in using project management, stage-gate, or agile methodology is a plus;
• Experience with tools such as BI tools – Cognos, Oracle OBI, MSFT Power BI & SQL is a plus
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, XML, PL/SQL & T-SQL is a plus;
• Experience with modern Hadoop technology and associated integration techniques is a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.leidos.com/ShowJob/Id/1142240/Summer-2017-Information-Management-Intern/ →