Leidos is seeking interns to support our Corporate team and Our Chief Information Officer. These positions could be based out of Valley Forge/ King of Prussia, Orlando, Reston or San Diego
We have several openings for college entry-level technical interns to be part of a team of engineers addressing emerging challenges in Technology, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Project Management, Architecture and Engineering .
Interns will be assigned tasks that are relevant and necessary to the successful execution of Leidos Information Technology execution. Leidos will provide the candidate with real world experience and technical and career mentorship throughout the internship, which may result in full-time employment opportunities upon graduation. Working under the general supervision of senior staff, typical intern work assignments might include: developing algorithms and computer models, software engineering, cybersecurity analysis, project management, infrastructure support, documenting test results, writing reports, preparing presentations, and presenting test results to management.
• Software engineering, lifecycle support including implementation of pilots and design of business and data analytics solutions
• Infrastructure support, primarily end user support in a helpdesk or desktop engineering environment with MS Windows, MS Exchange, Active Directory and ServiceNow.
• Project Engineering, providing project based support to short and long term technical projects using MS Access, Excel and SharePoint.
• Architecture & Engineering, working closely with Leidos’ Architecture & Engineering team to understand backend platforms, system integration, analysis and design.
• CyberSecurity Engineering, seeking Interns with security knowledge to dig deeper into security guidelines, standards and help security Leidos’ infrastructure.
• IT Strategy, assisting in development of IT Strategy artifacts, defining processes, evaluating business cases, prioritizing projects, and solving business problems.
• IT Program Execution, evaluating health and status of current projects, developing reports for leadership, assisting in development of Project Management artifacts, and defining project management processes.
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree based program (preferably Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical or business degree), have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum or three years of experience and maintained a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership ability through community or campus involvement
Prior experience or classroom training related to software engineering, cybersecurity, technology, business management, project management or IT support is preferred
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://jobs.leidos.com/ShowJob/Id/1142241/Summer-2017-Technology-Interns/ →