Website Ginkgo Bioworks
Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over ten different organisms making different products across multiple industries.
Core to our organism engineering pipeline is the testing and analysis of our engineered strains using state-of-the-art analytical and automation technologies. We are looking for highly talented and motivated students to join our Test team.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner and a critical thinker, with a passion for using analytical platforms to support organism engineering. At least 1 year of research experience demonstrating capabilities in analytical chemistry is highly desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Run and QC unit operations associated with strain testing including: cultivation, sample extraction, assays and analytics.
- Assisting with design, development and improvement of unit operations.
- Assisting with the preparation and purification of prospective Ginkgo products and blends.
- Analyzing large data sets and communicating results to the team.
- BS or MS in chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or related fields
- Experience with analytical methods like LC-MS, HPLC, GC-MS (or FID) or NGS
- Familiarity with software or laboratory automation is a plus
To learn more about Ginkgo, check us out on Wired and BuzzFeed:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/ginkgobioworks/f68f5f7e-d1b9-4625-8ad8-ff6369dee236 →