Are you a college student interested in the ever-expanding field of Cyber security? Are you driven to support the CIA’s cyber defense mission?
If you answered yes, then, you may be interested in the Cyber Security student trainee program!
We are the Agency’s Cyber Security professional organization. , Our mission is the protection of Agency data and systems through risk analysis, enterprise security solutions, and continual enhancement of our protection profiles. As a student intern/co-op in our organization, you will have the opportunity to work alongside cyber security professionals in providing technical development and security guidance to customers within our organization to include:
- Provide Defense in Depth principles and technology in security engineering designs and implementation
- Analyze existing and future systems, reviewing security architectures, and developing engineering solutions that integrate information security requirements to proactively manage information protection
- Apply security risk assessment methodology to system development, including assessing and auditing network penetration testing, antivirus deployment, risk analysis
- Conduct Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) activities, including forensic analysis
- Engineer and deploy network defense countermeasures such as anti-virus, anti-spam, and intrusion detection and prevention system solutions
- Analyze cyber security events, including threat model development and resulting security risk analysis of systems
- Review and assess information security events and logs via sophisticated security information/event manager
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Validate system security requirements definition and analysis and review/approve System Security Plans for enterprise-wide architectures
- Maintain Agency public key infrastructure system
- Implement security designs in hardware, software, data and procedures
- Perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Conduct certification and accreditation planning and testing
- Conduct technical policy guidance and consultation to component Agency systems.
Conversion to a full time Cyber Security Officer position is possible at the conclusion of the internship/co-op program.
Minimum requirements include current enrollment in a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum in cyber security, information assurance, computer science, mathematics, computer engineering or other technical field. Interns are required to work either a combination of one semester and one summer internship or two 90-day summer internships. A GPA of 3.0 or better is preferred. Candidates should also possess:
- One (1) year of college class work with some fundamental computer science or cyber defense classes or relevant cyber defense work experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to listen well and work with others.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-opportunities/undergrad-info-assurance.html →