Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. The successful candidate will also have a solid understanding of concepts related to networking, software architecture, and standard programming practices.
The candidate will work with other experienced developers in our Northern Virginia office for the protection of our country. The successful candidate will also generate briefings and present material clearly to team members, customers, and Raytheon Applied Signal Technology management as necessary.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of N85 or N95 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
• N85 (College Junior by Fall 2017) – must have completed 60 hours of college
• N95 (College Senior by Fall 2017) – must have completed 90 hours of college
– Experience in programming or scripting
– Experience in installing software.
– Experience in writing and reviewing documents.
– Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended
– Experience working both in a team environment and individually
– Experience developing, coding, testing, and debugging complex algorithms
– Must be a college Junior or Senior student by Fall 2017
– Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases
– Exposure to Communications Systems and theory and Signal Processing concepts
– Experience with scripting languages such as Python and MATLAB
– Experience with system-level integration and testing, specifically, the integration of advanced, custom processing systems, testbeds, and software
– Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Required Education (including major): Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from an accredited four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year by Fall 2017. Must be working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry Physics, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.raytheon.com/job/mclean/university-programs-software-engineering-intern-junior-senior/4679/4222864 →