Blizzard animation is looking for an environment modeling artist intern. Candidates should have some experience working with digital modeling software to achieve stylized to photo-real models. The ideal candidate should be eager, creative and excited to be part of an enthusiastic, hard-working team
- Focus on modeling and sculpting during asset creation within any of Blizzards IPs that are in production.
- Work closely with senior artists, and show leads to create digital models.
- Work closely with modeling, surfacing, and lighting artists to achieve the desired results.
- Basic understanding of either Maya or 3DsMax
- Basic understanding of either ZBrush or Mudbox
- Basic understanding of texture map properties in relation to their shading and lighting qualities
- Basic understanding and familiarity using rendering software
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to the team of modelers and the wider Blizzard Animation team
- Experience in shading and lighting in RenderMan, V-Ray, Redshift, Mental Ray, Arnold, or a similar high end rendering package
- Understanding of Blizzard’s cinematic visual style
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Cover Letter
- Art Reel / website
WARNING! APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS – DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, WE ONLY HAVE TIME TO CONSIDER COMPLETE SUBMITTALS.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000W4 →