Chegg puts students first and is proud to have saved students and their families more than $500 million in 2014 alone. As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg’s Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes.
San Francisco, CA United States
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students by building revolutionary products that help students improve their overall academic outcome.
Engineering teams are central to Chegg – they comprise both the client facing interface and the backbone of our products, building everything we offer; running, tracking and making ship happen! Engineering is composed of teams with accomplished individual contributors, influencers, visionaries, and teachers. The various teams define technology strategy at Chegg, providing critical elements of the support that enables us to serve our students with reliable, high performance and disruptive software.
Team: Learning Services (Tutoring)
We’re looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join the Learning Services (Tutoring) Engineering team in our San Francisco, CA office. As part of this team, you will help build a cutting edge foundation to define the future of online learning. In this role, you will apply and further enhance your strong skills in modern web platforms, data structures and algorithms while learning the intricacies of how open source technologies work together to help students save time, save money and get smarter in the EdTech space.
- Develop solutions to some of the most challenging web UI and interactive browser-based application problems, work on UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, REST APIs, web security and development tools (IDEs, application orchestration and deployment tools)
- Research, conceive and develop browser based applications to extend and improve the Chegg Tutors product offering; collaborate on design, scalability and performance of our interactive lessons platform
- Partner across engineering, data science, design, marketing, product and other members of the Chegg Tutors team to develop ideal solutions
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested front-end code (JS, HTML, and CSS) to implement these solutions
- Own documentation and deployment of your code and solutions to our users
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in software design, data structures and problem solving
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Have a passion for helping students and front-end code
Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive
- Familiarity with CSS processing frameworks like Less
- Familiarity with a front-end build tool like Brunch or Gulp
- Familiarity with a modularization API such as RequireJS or AMD
- Familiarity with front-end testing tools such as Mocha, Chai or Karma
- Experience and/or desire to work in an agile and iterative development team
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chegg-careers.employeereferrals.com/jobs/kXDRf0oR →