MailChimp is the world’s leading email marketing service. More than 12 million people and businesses use MailChimp to design and send 1 billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team ensures operations run smoothly by implementing successful procedures and strength the methodology for deploying large scale web applications. The team also acts as a technical liaison between the Development and Operations teams within MailChimp.
The SRE team is looking for an intern with a strong technical knowledge base and exceptional troubleshooting skills to join their ranks. You are not afraid to dig into unknown areas of the codebase, debug issues independently and work with other engineers to solve problems. If this sounds like you, and you’d like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Write code
- Communicate with Operations and Product team members
- Troubleshoot production issues, and assist with writing and running postmortems on production issues
- Experience with Linux
- Skill with building, tuning, and troubleshooting web applications
- Proficiency in monitoring tools, like Zabbix and Graphite
- Experience with relational databases, like MySQL and Postgresql
- Proficiency in debugging/performance tools like strace, gdb, etc.
- Experience scripting and coding (PHP, Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Proficiency with configuration management tools, like Puppet
- Bonus points for experience with C
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer interns a real world look at how we run our business and contribute to the community. You’ll enjoy challenging work, creative colleagues and career building experiences. We promise not to confine you to our beautiful new offices in historic Ponce City Market on the Atlanta Beltline; we’ll share our favorite spots in the city and make sure you are well-fed and well-read during your stay.
We love working with interns who share our values of humility, creativity and independence.
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/mailchimp/jobs/217007?t=ijd5n8#.V9sn2pMrKRt →