Website Applied Defense Solutions
LOCATION: Columbia, MD.
Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for a Software Engineer at its Columbia, Maryland location.
The successful candidate will perform as a member of a dynamic software engineering team supporting a wide range of development needs across multiple platforms: Java, .NET, and HTML 5. Interested parties should expect to work across cloud environments and traditional servers, as well as on desktop environments. Windows and Linux systems are typical. Candidates should be familiar with Agile development methodologies, and have working knowledge of modern IDEs, build tools with dependency management, source code management, automated testing, task tracking, and documentation standards.
- 3-5 years of experience with Java development, including J2EE technologies
- Experience with Application and Web Server technology (e.g., Apache Tomcat)
- Experience developing web-based graphical user interfaces (e.g., HTML)
- Experience or knowledge of code parallelization and optimization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks
- Experience evaluating and implementing new and/or state-of-the-art technology to address challenging customer problems in a research environment
- Experience integrating diverse COTS, GOTS, and/or Open Source software
- Active security clearance, any level
- Experience or knowledge of RESTful web services
Submit resume and salary requirements to Jobs@AppliedDefense.com. Reference Job #0391. No phone calls please.
Applied Defense Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@AppliedDefense.com