Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Combine your passion for gaming with your passion for mobile development, and join the web & mobile team in Irvine on its mission to produce the most epic mobile experiences possible! Software engineering interns are responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment. You’ll get the chance to contribute to many of our existing apps such as Battle.net Authenticator and World of Warcraft Armory as well as future mobile products for Blizzard.
INTERN GUILD REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 – August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and software development, with a willingness to learn and grow
- Experience with iOS and / or Android development
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
- Experience with version control (e.g. git)
- Cover Letter
- Code sample from one of your personal or school mobile projects
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000UU →