Knewton is on a mission is to personalize learning for the world. Teachers, schools, and education companies use Knewton to power digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs. Knewton provides students with tailored recommendations for exactly what to study, teachers with analytics to better support each student, and publishers with content insights to develop more effective digital products.
Knewton has delivered more than 15 billion personalized recommendations to over 10 million students on every continent except Antarctica. Knewton was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in New York City with offices in London, Tokyo, Singapore, and Dubai. We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos, one of the top 100 Best Places to work by Crain’s New York Business and one of the Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data. Investments top $150M from well-known angel investors plus Accel, Bessemer, First Round Capital, Firstmark, Founders Fund, GSV and Atomico.
Do you love to code? We have a long and growing list of interesting projects! Past interns have helped us scale our infrastructure, tune our site performance, and have built new features into our products. At Knewton, interns are a key part of the team who work hand in hand with a development team working at the cutting edge of education software.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Coding experience and a demonstrated interest in technology
- A serious attention to detail and a passion for building quality software
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent math or quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Java
NOT REQUIRED BUT HIGHLY DESIRED ARE:
- Experience with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Experience in machine learning and data mining, and with the R statistical package
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Unix
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Experience with big data processing using NoSQL techniques like Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive
- High-quality equipment (Mac or PC)
- Frequent guest speakers and tech/edtech Meetups hosted at Knewton HQ
- Social groups and sports teams
- Catered lunch everyday in the office, all-day snacks, and a full bar
- Free monthly MetroCards/PATH cards
- Pet Friendly
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.lever.co/knewton/68af562f-61d2-4e66-bcda-7f6ffc85b445 →