Website HM Health Solutions
HM Health Solutions Inc. is a business unit of the Highmark Health enterprise which provides a comprehensive and integrated suite of solutions to optimize payer and provider systems for health insurance plans’ core functions such as benefit design, member enrollment, claims processing and customer service. Capabilities include: Enterprise Application Solutions, Business Process Management Solutions, Data Hosting Solutions, Infrastructure Management Solutions, and Print Management Solutions. Through an aligned independent relationship model, HM Health Solutions delivers significant value for its partners, including the delivery of increased speed-to-market capabilities, cutting edge enhancements and lower operational costs to help offset the ever-increasing pressures and challenges of today’s health insurance industry.
The goal of the HM Health Solutions Internship program is to provide the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to begin to develop the skills needed to be successful in today’s professional business and information technology environment.
This Internship Program:
- Provides hands-on training and experience in the business line.
- Exposes the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas.
- Prepares participants for positions in the business.
Internship positions may be available in any IT discipline, such as these below:
- Application Development – More detail below.
- Business Analysis and Operations
- Project Management
- IT Operations (e.g., networking, system operations, enterprise monitoring, etc.)
- Security (e.g., Information, Application, Data, Infrastructure, Risk & Compliance)
- Data Management, Warehousing, and Analytics
- Application Life Cycle Management
- Testing and Quality Assurance
Internship positions may also be available in business disciplines such as Finance, Marketing, or Communications.
Students eligible for this program are currently working towards a bachelor’s degree (or higher), and have typically majored or minored in an Information Technology (IT), Business/Finance, or Health Care related discipline, such as those listed below (not an all-inclusive list).
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Information Science
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Health Care Administration
- Health Care Management
For non-IT disciplines, a minor or completion of a number of IT-related courses is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area.
- Participate in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Conduct research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
- Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
- Completed at least one full year of college.
- Pursuing a degree in a related field.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to undertake and/or participate in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Ability to participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- Ability as specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Ability to undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Preferred Application Development Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of one or more application development languages such as Java or Cobol.
- Knowledge of such subjects as:
- Data base management systems such as Oracle or DB2.
- Developing and supporting business applications.
- Database modeling.
- Programming tools for open system development.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Agile methodology for application development.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.highmarkhealth.org/job-details/undergraduate-intern-technology/J100275/1/?utm_campaign=Indeed →